Today, you can join thousands of people around the world who are blogging with a unified theme: water. Why water?
- Every week, nearly 38,000 children under the age of 5 die from unsafe drinking water and unsanitary living conditions.
- In July, to address the water crisis, the United Nations declared access to clean water and sanitation a human right.
- In Haiti, nine out of ten people do not have running water in their home and more than 4 million have no nearby access to safe drinking water.
Your voice is a powerful tool to promote change. Today, you can use it to blog about the importance of water and sanitation in rebuilding efforts in Haiti, blog about the deaths that could be prevented if communities had a clean water source, or blog about the economic benefits of accessibility to clean water–blog about whatever aspect of water you are interested in, but BLOG!
To join Blog Action Day 2010 (BAD 2010):
- Register here: blogactionday.change.org
- Write your blog
- Email us your link: firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of us who don’t have a blog, we do still have a voice. We can share a link to this page and information about the great need for wells in Haiti through Facebook or Twitter or even face-to-face. We can find other ways to get involved and we can read the blogs of others here:
I’d love to see no more kids spending their days getting water instead of getting to go to school. No more skin infections because of a bath in an unhealthy river. No more people dying from diarrhea caused by drinking parasite-riddled water. This is where our good ideas, our Gospel words, need to be transformed into lives that put into real-life the words we’ve been sharing for so long…Read the full post on his blog: http://bit.ly/cV6ONW
For the full post: http://bit.ly/cT7bna